Youth Entrepreneurial Service (YES) Foundation in cooperation with the Swedish Trade Council announces “Mobile
AppCamp”, a three day event where participants from Macedonia and Europe, by exploring the benefits of working in
multicultural teams and under intensive mentorship by domestic and foreign experts, will develop commercial mobile
applications with a potential for successful penetration on the global market. The aim of the project is to develop and
strengthen the economic and technological ties between Macedonia and the highly developed European countries in
the area of mobile applications and businesses.
Open Labs supports and promotes the project, which has a direct contribution towards the below fields that are directly related with the region:
– Accelerating innovation in the field of mobile technology,
– Providing opportunities for accelerated growth of businesses related with developing mobile applications,
– Overcoming barriers for achieving multinational and multicultural partnerships,
– Establishing a network of international mentors, experts and managers for providing continued support for further development of the businesses created during the Camp,
– Accelerating Macedonia’s integration with the developed countries in the area of information society and sync with the global trends in mobile technologies.
The structure of the three-day camp is composed of two parts:
I. Capacity development program for the participants that will develop mobile applications, which will cover key topics for achieving success, such as commercialization of innovations and investment readiness. The goal of the program is developing specific entrepreneurial skills useful for defining the components that will transform the mobile application into start-up business with potential for global growth and development.
II. Developing mobile applications with the help of experienced senior mobile developers and business experts with global market penetration strategy. At the end of the event the best mobile applications will be awarded for the purpose of advancing regional and global market impact. A panel consisted of local and foreign speakers (relevant experts, business representatives, entrepreneurs) and mentors will work intensively with the participants in order to define a successful model for a “mobile business”.
“Mobile AppCamp” will be organized in Skopje, from 30 November to 02 December. For more information please visit